Sunday, December 1, 2013

Random Thoughts Part 2



Here is where My Head Has been since July. Sorry for the delay...




1. Why is it that the Wal-Mart’s in the suburbs are really nice, and you still get great customer service, but the ones in the neighborhood or in the boonies are a ratchet mess (merchandise all over the place, long lines, consistently out of merchandise)?


2. People are really confused about what “turn it up” and “turndownforwhat” means. Example: “We going hard on this rocky road ice cream at Baskin Robbins..” #turndownforwhat.. umm…no.

3. Why do some people get so mad and worked up at fantasy football? It’s called “fantasy” for a reason. Unless you owe money to a bookie or something…. I’m just sayin…

4. When will this Kanye/Kim & Miley Cyrus nonsense be over with? Does anyone else get severely irritated when they see him or her on the television especially on local and world news. Is it a slow news day? I doubt it.

5. Why do people consider sagging your pants artistic? What is artistic about seeing your draws? When will this fad end?

6. Why do people say “no offense but…” then say some really ignorant BS like the “no offense” part makes up for it.

7. When will we get that racism and discrimination are still very much a part of the equation in 2013 going into 2014?

8. There are many things that make you a man. Sleeping with different women each night should never be one of them especially if you are not taking care of the kids that result from it.

9. Why in the world is American Idol still on the air? At this point does anyone even care about the contestants? That horse has been beat. Pull the plug!

10. It seems like Spike Lee is the ultimate Hollywood Hater. Unless his name is attached to it, he finds it offensive, buffoonish, or degrading (Have you seen Girl 6? Summer of Sam?)

11. I tried to get on the Aresenio late night bus...I tried. I went to sleep.

12. I am really glad that I am seeing less and less of the bathroom mirror pics on social media. THANK YOU.

13. Arrogant people really, really annoy me but none more than arrogant men. You make us all look bad. You are not as good as you say you are or you would not have to tell us all the time.

14. You can always tell when somebody’s bark is bigger than his or her bite. Always.

15. In my day my authority figures (parents, teachers, etc) were just that, they were not my friends. There is a level of respect that you have in regard to the people who have authority in your life. I wish I would have called my teachers and parents by their first name, kicked it with them, etc. Times have certainly changed.

16. When you talk about a genuine person who is universally liked behind their back, it will always get back to that person. Busy bodies and two-faced folks always show their poker face.

17. I really, really try to watch the news to stay informed but sometimes its just too much from the ignorant to the depressing to just the WTH?

18. For those that say “Down with the Government!” You should be at least able to tell me who your local city officials are or what the local issues are in your city or neighborhood, otherwise all I am hearing is well....nothing.

19. The Best Man Holiday is one of the best movies that I have seen in a while. A great story about African-American people without having to be about African-American people. This is where our stories should be going. Figure that one out!

20. It annoys me that people hate on Scandal with Kerry Washington. She plays a strong, independent woman with flaws. Isn’t that pretty much all of us? I mean I thought we were all flawed? Its one of the best shows I have seen in a while.

21. I wonder if Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick, Patti Labelle, Diana Ross, Chaka Khan, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Al Green ever get together and talk about the state of music today. I wonder what they really think of Miley Cyrus and Two Chainz?

22. The same goes for Robert Dinero, Jack, Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones, Sidney Potier, and other legends for the state of Hollywood. How do they feel about Kim K, and all of these other flashes in the pan?

23. The safe and easy route always leads to boredom and misery and then you spread that to others. DREAM BIG.

24. Your blue print may not match other people’s and that’s ok. Quit making people feel bad for not living the life you think they should be living.

25. Is it me or is it too early, too soon and in bad taste to be asking, “What is gonna happen to the next Fast & Furious movie?” That really should be the furthest thing from anyone’s mind. Those actors will still be rich, the producers will still get their cut. There is a void in two people's families that can never be replaced especially during this holiday season. That is always worse. It always amazes me at the level of insensitivity that our culture, particularly our media can project.

26. Everyday that I walk into my new apartment, I still smile. Its been so long. To have my own place again. My own personal hideaway it feels so good.

27. For those that are so impressed and in awe of Lady Gaga's weirdness and out of the box antics. Let's remember she was not the first. Grace Jones and David Bowie truly changed the game back in the day..and they were not even trying to. It was just who they were.



No comments:

Post a Comment