Remember the song by Donald Byrd and the Black Byrds? If you are over 30, you might. It went something like this: "Doing it the dark, doing it in the park oh yeah Rock Creek Park." I like the song and it has taken on new meaning. I am not talking about doing "it" in the park for all of you that have your minds in the gutter. I am talking about going to the park to unwind.
It is now fall and the leaves are turning and it is nice time to be outdoors. At least 3-4 times a week I am out in the park. There is a park that is not too far from where I live called Westwood Park. It is nice. They have just added a circular sidewalk. I use that to run and walk. During this time I reflect on my day or the the things that I want to accomplish during the day. I use this time to talk with God and tell him my concerns and give him thanks. I also use this time to read and reflect, and sometimes write. Let me tell you, I have gotten so many creative ideas from running in the park. I weed out everything else and just focus. It very freeing. I walk around, sometimes I run and do both.
I have definitely felt more at ease since I have started this process. I would highly suggest the park to anyone. It is definitely something worth while to help in our hectic days. Sometimes you may see other people in the park with their children, running, or playing. When you see the people, they are usually happy. The park is definitely a place to help you unwind. Every one of us has a park that we can go to that is nearby to help us. If you are looking for some creative energy or suffering from writers block, I suggest you go there. You never know what God will reveal to you during that time.
Try doing it in the park. (Again, get your mind out of the gutter). :-)
One Love. De stress! Go to the park!
No comments:
Post a Comment