Money certainly brings out the worst in people.
Money a word that is simple to pronounce and to spell has so many different connotations. I have seen firsthand this week what money can do people and better yet to families. I think we have to understand that money is not everything. I am in no means financially wealthy so I can say this. Often times people say "Oh it is easy to say when you are rich." Well I am not rich. As a matter of fact, financially I am struggling right now. Yet, I am still happy. My joy does not come from my financial wealth. Sure like everyone else, I would love to be financially comfortable and not have to sometimes worry about the new pizza place called FINAL NOTICE being placed on my door (That is all for all of you Roseanne lovers out there).
However there are other things that bring me joy like good friendships, a nice book, writing, and good music. The most important thing is that money and possessions are not meant to define us. It saddens me when I see people fighting over material possessions. You see it all the time, you see ex-wives and children fighting over a famous person's estate because they feel entitled to whatever they feel they are entitled too. Think about this, the money, possessions was never theirs to begin with.
I certainly hope the lord blesses me to see a long life where I have children and grandchildren. I certainly want my legacy to be the knowledge I left to them and the work ethic I have left behind. Not the riches (if I have any) houses, possessions, or things that can easily be destroyed. Yet they can also destroy families. Money also causes people to do things out of desperation and anxiety. A love of money can cause a lot of things. Look at the number of robberies, embezzlement cases, and things such as prostitution and drug dealing that have been in the headlines. All for the bottom line of making that money. It is difficult to understand why people act that way for a love of money, but maybe it is not for us to understand.
Are you waiting for a financial blessing? Don't worry, it will come. Meanwhile, let us not suffer from a sense of entitlement for things that were never ours to begin with. It will only bring more heartache and grief. You can't take any of it with you.
Be blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment