Yesterday, my cousin Myra invited me to bible study at her church. I went thinking I was just going to get a bible lesson. I was not expecting to be MOVED like I was. Words cannot express the transformation that I experienced. Pastor Wayne Cheney Jr preached a word from God that I knew was for me. Pastor talked abut stirring up the gifts inside of you. What are you doing with those gifts?
Pastor Cheney said something that was really as Oprah would call an "A-ha moment!" He began to say that everything belongs to God including our talents. When we stand before God, we will not only be accountable for our salvation but for how we used our gifts. That was very deep for me. As you all know, I recently moved to California. The intent was to get focused on my writing career and get my book out there. Well, I have not really been doing that since I got here. I told myself that " I was just trying to get settled." Part of that is true. I was trying to familiarize myself with the area, however I began to grown comfortable in my area. Pastor's word really made me realize that I was not utilizing my gifts and I felt such guilt and regret for not using the gifts that God blessed me with. I did not want to be at the throne of God and not doing my best work. How would I explain or justify that to him? This was my A-ha moment.
I thank God for using Pastor Wayne to speak to me on this. Since last night I have built my website, got the book manuscript back out, and researching publishers. I do not want to leave this earth knowing I did not do all I was called to do. Pastor also said something mind boggling. "Because God has not dealt with you, it sometimes creates a false sense of security." What I gather he means from that is that whether it is not being a good steward or not using your gifts, you will be held accountable for that at some point. So instead of being called out for not using my gifts, I want to be rewarded for my gifts. This also goes in a positive way as well because some have really worked on nurturing their gifts and talents and have not seen their promotion but just because God has not rewarded you yet does not mean it is not going happen.
This message was also another confirmation that I am walking in my gift, and that I alone am responsible for nurturing the seeds that God has planted in me. I cannot wait for others to make that happen for me, I have to do it myself. It is OK to ask for help, and receive the help but NOBODY is going to make it happen but me, I have to be willing to do the work. Like Mary J. Blige stated, "There are so many things that are used as vessels to get us to where we need to be in life." The prayer meeting last night was definitely a vessel to get me re-motivated to get back into the swing of things.
So as you are doing your tasks today, ask yourself are you nurturing the seeds that God has planted in you, or you allowing them to dry up and die. Are you being fruitful and multiplying those seeds? It is not too late. Remember, God has blessed us all with individual gifts The road may be hard, it may not always be easy, but anything worth having is never easy. So when you get weary and tired of what God has called you to do, lean on him and trust him and remember Philippians 1:6:
God has begun a good work in me. He will be able to bring into full completion.
In love, CG2.
No comments:
Post a Comment