“I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. – unknown..
I ready this a few months back and it really struck a cord with me. The last few weeks have been very reflective for me. I have been dealing with some behaviors and treatment from people that I am really just no longer going to accept. Hopefully it inspires you to write your own.
I no longer have the patience for:
People who are rude and inconsiderate to others and boast about it. Bullies especially adult ones. There is really no reason to be a bully. I have talked about this at length.
People who act differently when they get around certain people. This is beyond annoying. I should not and will not tolerate someone acting differently for other reasons This has been something that has been eye opening indeed. I like to think I treat all my friends when the are around as if they are of equal meaning in my life. If I am not, I want to hear about it.
If I have angered you in some type of way or have offended you the best way to deal with it is to address it with me. I do not respond well to you giving me the silent treatment, rolling your eyes, or having someone come to me on your behalf. I have been out of high school for a long time. I have zero patience for people who want others to chose sides in arguments therefore putting people in the middle. This type of behavior is typical of teenagers but not adults. Please grow up. If we are friends, you need to come to me and talk about what is on your mind. Simply not talking or refusing to be accessible because you are in your feelings is not going to get you anywhere.
As friends and family members, we should make time for each other. I have grown weary of the excuses. Saying I am busy to people who supposedly mean a lot to you at some point becomes an excuse that no longer holds water. I get it, I do it. I am holding myself accountable too. So many loved ones are passing on, so many things happen. We have to make the time.
I am at a point where I purging friends and changing people from friends to acquaintances. Friendship is two-fold. Communication involves both parties. At 38 I am becoming more picky about those who I call friend and those who I let in my inner circle. I am not everyone’s cup of tea, and I am learning to accept that. What I do not accept are people who continue to pretend that that they are my friends when they are not. It should not take you two weeks to respond back to a text message, unless you are in a coma.
We are too old for that.
I no longer wish to associate with people who smile in my face then berate me when I turn away. If you do not like me, do not fake it. You are wasting my time and wasting yours.
I do not have patience for people who do not see the issue of racism and injustice are still very much alive and very much of an issue in today’s society. If you do not understand what the issues are, then you are part of the problem. If you are tired of hearing about race relations, injustice and tolerance, I question if you are one who condones the issues that continue to oppress people of color.
At almost 38 years old, I no longer feel the need to justify, explain, or apologize for the choices in my personal life. That includes where I live, who I hang out with, and anything else that does not directly affect you.
You have no right to feel superior because of your social status, your marital status and family dynamic. Life happens and in any given moment, something can happen to change that status. Never feel you are above or beyond anyone.
Family is everything to me and always will be. However, it does not justify behaviors that are not appropriate and immature and being family does not give anyone a right to hurt others in the family nor does it mean I cannot address the situation or cut you off if it continues. Love does not equal inner circle.
I do not have time for people who continue to play the victim or use their personal situations to justify their negative behaviors. Your situation should not define you. Yet you continue to allow it to do so.
II do not have tolerance for people who have no sense of humor and refuse to laugh and are always in serious mode. Laughter is awesome. Having said that though,
people who use jokes as a way to be mean-spirited is not funny or cute. Yes you tease the ones you love but there is a line. Saying things in the form of a joke to really get your point across is cowardly. There is truth in jest.
Wrong is wrong. It bugs me when we don’t hold the ones nearest to us accountable.
I do not have time for people who live in a Fool’s Paradise, thinking if you have material possessions, have a wife or husband, or in a relationship, your problems are solved. Looking for others to complete you when you cannot complete yourself is asking for trouble.
Arrogant people are ridiculous. Enough said.
Self-absorbed people are beyond annoying as well. At this point I really do not have time for you at this point. Continue to live in your own little world, leave me out of it.
I do not have patience for people who discourage others from pursuing their dreams. Just because you were too afraid to step out and because you have grown complacent, does not give you the right to step on others who are bold enough to try.
Do not confuse my kindness for weakness. I refuse to apologize for being a nice person. The fact that being nice is not favorable is disturbing to me. Nice guys finish last only to those who are use to being treated badly.
People who suffer from entitlement should exit stage left. Nobody owes you anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment